A couple of nights ago I made a list (computerized, of course) of all the sewing patterns (over 85) I have that I want to get rid of. Well, really, I'd like to sew some of them again or even for the first time but I haven't made my own clothes for probably 20 years now. It was a real trip down memory lane, remembering making some of the clothes, the places I wore them. It gave me a picture of myself those many years ago - who I wanted to be. I was surprised at the complexity of some of the patterns and felt good that I had that level of sewing skill.
There's the hide-a-bed cover I made for the first apartment. And the sweatsuits I made one Christmas (that was a disaster!)
It's hardest to let go of the patterns I never made. I had fabric (that's another night of review sometime) and notions to complete some of them and never did. It's like I can catch up someday where I left off, where that life ended and finish it properly.
Wishing won't make it so, though. So I'm moving on, sending them to a friend, an artist, who hopefully will find a good use for them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment