Thursday, October 31, 2019

Made for Travel

In my 40's I travelled a lot for work and spent many hours on airplanes at a time when the last few rows were for the smoking section and you could run through the airport at the last minute and when you arrived home someone could be waiting for you at the gate.

Another offering of those days were gifts in flight, particularly on international flights where you could shop duty free.  I bought this clever makeup kit on one of those flights.  It had everything needed to look presentable when you landed; blush, powder, eye shadow, lipstick, eyebrow pencil, brushes and a mirror.  It all slid together into a compact case with a gold-toned clasp. 

It was well used and probably earned several thousand airline miles of its own in those years.  These days, I rarely use any makeup and carry more tools for aches and pains than for beauty. Au revoir glamour kit!


No comments:

Post a Comment