One summer I used a cross cut slice of the pine tree we removed as an outdoor "patio" for the house and added Adirondack chairs, a picnic table, green grass and a fire pit. There was a stuffed RV with tiny people driving it too!
Sunday, March 22, 2020
Time passes and children grow up
Many years ago when our grand kids were tiny I found a dollhouse at an Estate sale. It was a bit beat up, obviously well loved by the grandchildren of the lady of the house. I rolled it to my car and cleaned it up at home. There were some furnishings; a couple of beds, a cast iron stove, kitchen table and chairs, living room set and a claw foot tub! It was something the kids would play with whenever they came over and I added pieces whenever I saw something of the right scale. I got a picture for over the fireplace and at Christmas I had a tree and lights.
One summer I used a cross cut slice of the pine tree we removed as an outdoor "patio" for the house and added Adirondack chairs, a picnic table, green grass and a fire pit. There was a stuffed RV with tiny people driving it too!
The house has been sitting for awhile, the grand kids on to more grown up entertainment so this week I called the family across the street and asked if they would like it. Her three are all under 9 years old and it was a great hit! So the happiness is passed on to another family.
One summer I used a cross cut slice of the pine tree we removed as an outdoor "patio" for the house and added Adirondack chairs, a picnic table, green grass and a fire pit. There was a stuffed RV with tiny people driving it too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment